A fast-paced tabletop roleplaying game of heroic action in the world of ancient myths.
Heroes of Legend
In the mists of ancient time, a poet sings of great deeds wrought by mighty heroes—of monsters slain and justice restored, of wise counsel and devious strategies, of courage, valor, and daring—defiant of the gods themselves. In AGON, you create these heroes, crafting their epic tale into an immortal legend. On their way back home from war, a band of heroes become lost among strange islands populated by mythical creatures, dangerous villains, legendary kingdoms, and desperate people—each entangled in strife, at the mercy of
the capricious gods.
It falls to you as the epic heroes of your age to seize this opportunity for greatness—to set things right in these lost lands, overcome the trials of gods, monsters, and mortals, prove the glory of your name, and win your way back home.
In this game, you’ll find:
- A brand-new game system for fast-paced heroic adventure, featuring simple characters and mechanics, quick location-based adventures, and one-roll conflict resolution. Play it as a zero-prep one-shot — or enjoy the complete experience as an ongoing series of island adventures.
- Rules for creating your epic heroes, earning Glory for their Names, and forging their eternal legends.
- Divine Favor, Bonds, and Pathos to call upon for great deeds.
- 12 pre-made island adventures full of gods, monsters, and people to challenge your heroes.
- Contests of Arts & Oration, Blood & Valor, Craft & Reason, and Resolve & Spirit —testing both the prowess and passions of the heroes.
- Guidance for the Strife Player, who presents the challenges of the islands.
- The Vault of Heaven to record your progress towards returning home and the grace (or ire) of the gods.